June 26, 2008

You know what time it is..

Time is such a factor that so many of us use incorrectly.. Most of the time, when i think about it, it is because we're so young -all people- in reference to, time, the only thing that is infinite(and God). I dont think that it ever was a concept for us to fully capture as i do with most things of the world. I mean we do things, that really make no sense if we really acknowledged life in respect to time. I been real down about alot of things i care not to share;because i believe some things in life should remain private. But even things like depression or bitterness or just plain negativity are things we dont calculate into the importance of time. We are all just a blip (if that) on the map of time. Our life span's are snappier than hookin' up some Ramen Noodles - and that shit is fast. Its chains and generations that sum up history not one person, those icons that do are just as they sound, symbols of an era. And even some of them sadly get forgotten. Take a second and think about icons of my culture and the value of black history month; to a generation, the concept has almost come and gone... But im not gonna go there, it was just an example. .
I think of the 17 year olds dying from heart attacks and 30 somethings dying of cancer. I think about the hoards of people that I've asked "does time seem like its moving faster" and the demeanor they respond, so avidly that "it is". Truth is ( and we all already know it , but never apply it.) we will come and go and as big as some of our crews and clans are, most people will never no you existed (over time, of course). So with everything friends, utilize your time. No, better yet, maximize your time. Find the balance between maximum fulfilment and recklessness and use it up. Dont let your precious days here go to waste. Dont feel me, just ask some one a little older than you. I bet they could tell you what they could've done with 5 or 10 years.. Shit, I bet you can ask a couple (responsible) people about if they had their weekend back, they break down the shit they could've got out the way to make there week smoother.
Real shit, this is something I've thought about for years. My mother always told me as a kid, young black men have a shorter window of time than anybody else to get there act together so I've always kept the concept fresh. But when your grown and you see what seem like milestones pass you by, valuable moments pass you by, you see bridges burn , you see your friends, colleagues , love ones crash and burn, you get the picture- then your compelled to let everyone you love know.. One luv yall , it is what it is. -Q.

13 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

You are so right with this post, i can't even keep track of what day of the month it is because time is moving so fast, and it seems as if i don't have time to declutter my thoughts!

i know with children it seems as if time moves really fast, each year they grow a year older and i wonder what happened to the year! lol

but on the flip side, why are you down?...you know me and you don't keep no secrets! lol

what can i send you besides, a million bucks, or a benz, or a big azz house?.....a (e)hug & kiss?..

Sexxy Luv said...

i see i'm your 1 and only! LOL ( i crack my self up!) ;)

the 1 and only,
SexxyLuv

-Q. said...

You rock wit me imma rock wit you boo. And yes, you are my one and only- my peepz giving me the fair-weather blogger luv lol..

You know on some real shit though, As i was writing this entry and I thought of you. That smile resounds past that pic boo, you seem to have a very positive spirit.Thats rare, cuzz most fake it. Dont let nobody hold you back, except them kids boo.. When they grown that shit will be self rewarding when they respctable adults.. Its your time, and keep smiling. -Q.

Whens Happy Hour?

Sexxy Luv said...

Q-

I love really hard, so i'ma be here on a daily basis! checkin' up on you (my blog boo)

my only request is that you remember where the love came from! lol

let me stop! :)

I like to let the man lead so you tell me the date and time....

i.can't.complain. said...

time does fly.

its almost 2009

its time for us 2 quit playing and release our single

-1-

Sexxy Luv said...

HAPPY FRIDAY MY Q-T-PIE! :)

Mizrepresent said...

What's up Q? Yes, you are correct time flies by so fast, and it's going by faster each and every day, month, year. I cherish my time, and try very hard to make the best of it...i know that life can be taken away in a second, so stop the worries, if you worrying you not praying, or at least you are not believing. Wishing you the best, always.

-Q. said...

Damn miz i miss you so much like we bekicking it and shit lol.. You said exactly what one of the pastors from my church said to me when we were choppin it up.. You one of the grown folks,so whens hapy hour?

Mizrepresent said...

Awe luv, i miss you too! What you mean, we do be kicking it,lol!

btw...happy hour is whenever we make it! So it's on now!

Sexxy Luv said...

Q- you forgot something..... do you feel a breeze? LOL

Naw, how you doing, how was your weekend?...

-Q. said...

My shit was playa bebe. I sat outside (I said 15 mins).. You stood my ass up- rat bastard lol..

Yea I see you was lookin all nice for da weekend.. Me and Miz coulda did happyhour- she think im so wavvy lol.. But i'll get over it- how was your's

Sexxy Luv said...

It was so good you forgot about it huh?..... I see! lol

Miz can have you this weekend, i'm not selfish! hehe

my weekend was great, got a little sad, but i'm good now! :)

Sexxy Luv said...

What time we having dinner tonight?