June 11, 2008

Playaz Circle

[from monday /9]
So I was enjoying the day off yesterday. Nothing unusual, you know just the groovy green Sunday.. Al Green, Celtic Green, and that oh so good goody green that your auntie used to step off to smoke and come back all giggly and smelling funny. I love Sundays. Get to get back in to you, square off all your ends you know. If all else fails- plain ole rest is good for me(which fits the bill of the first two ironically).

Anyways I was sitting among freinds watching the game(Eb did you see ya man Rondo do the old Skip- To- My Lou move on Frenchy, well Tauriaf?!!), having a good ole time.. And yess i will get back to the game.. But yea watching the game bbq'n and shit. Something just wasnt right though. It almost always seems that way: and sometimes i could have a ball! At first thought I thought it was me being vein which very seldom I can be sometimes (from within now- no bitchassness aloud up in here lol). But then I started thinking about (at the time) random people from my recent past. I realized that I was thinking about my circle. I havent been home in going on 5 years.. It's wierd because in a way I feel I never left home-though I miss it so. See, I'm one of those people that function within a circle- All you lil Ms and Mr Cleo's ya boys a libra so do with it what you may.My circle kept me funtionable,kept me kept me grounded, kept me safe, kept me live, and most importantly kept me happy. A lot of NYC cats can relate. We had Crews of all sorts, like for the street, for partys, to kick it ya dig..

My Circle is no longer. We scattered the country like rouches jumpin out of cups of koolaid when lights in the hood get turned on. You grow up and move on or sometimes get set back.. The stage im currently going through in my life keeps me reluctantto call them or to see whats up, It's a stupid thing but you know, i'm keeping it real with myself. I dont beat myself up to much because I know i'm missing them, home in general.

Yo shouts to everybody crew - it could be your elementary crew to your college crew. And those of yall that had a crew. I gotta hit mine up. I'm planning a trip in the upcoming months so I'm trippin.

What was the deal with yall crew or circle?
Im bout to lay it down, -Q.

12 comments:

nicole said...

man..we all just graduated so it'll be interesting to see how we keep in touch..i'm kind of a psycho at ish like that so i'll probably be the annoying chick calling them up to see what they're up to all the time lol. most of us are in dc, ny, and philly, and a few scattered out to cali. homecoming shall be ignorant...and well take it from there!

-Q. said...

nicole- see on the real, it is the "psycho's" that keep alot of strayed clicks and crews together.. A round on me to the IGNORANCE!! - I dont know I condone everyday dumb shit but when in reunion ACT THE FUCK UP ya heard me?

I think with you at the helm, yall gonna stay thick.. Id run back to that smile lol -Q.

Mizrepresent said...

Dang Q, you got a new blog and didn't even let Miz know? SMH, well i'm here now, and i will be here in the future. It's time luv! It's time for you to take that trip back home, you've been missing it for awhile now, so save up your change and go ahead and do that ish! Me loves you much! Glad to see you back in the game!

-Q. said...

Hey Miz, I know its what I got to do. I'm making the plans.. I know you'll be here, your always close when we're both in the building lol.

I didnt want to comment about the "in between" post @WFL. I did read and felt you on it. But little did anyone notice or say that, that was SO attractive in itsself. Ignorance is bliss MizRepresent, yes it is boo.So let them ignornant niggas pass you up, feel me?
You are due what you what exude. My freind, -Q.

i.can't.complain. said...

i think ima wear a pistons jersey 2 work in the morning

*sike*

but if i could

dog-gone celtics.

anywho.

my circle includes me and my 2 best gays.

those boi's love me and i love them

in h.s. i thought the more friends u had the better life u had

now i realize quality of friendships count way more than the quantity.

give me 1 good loyal friend (that i may not get to see but once every 6 months) over 5 wishy-washy folks (that i can see every 4 minutes) anyday.

ya know...

-1-

-Q. said...

You know you wanted to see Boston/Lakers in the Finals.. There can only be -1- right?

Anyways,(not that it matters but) did your two best guys or gays- I just never heard the phrase if you meant gays, thats funny.. But im with you on the wishy- washy shit.. I enjoy alot of people's company nowadays but I'm comfortable with the freinds I have. I think im at a point right now where I dont want any new ones for the time being. Do you (or anyone)ever get in that mood?

Looks like you had a beautiful trip shorty, back already? You was working that pink girl..
pz and luv- Q.

Mizrepresent said...

luv you Q!

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah that young'n rondo is a problem... mad he got hurt cuz the young cat was schooling 'em

i.can't.complain. said...

hey -Q

yep, i meant gays. not guys

although they are guys.

confusing, right.

yes i get like that sometimes.

it can be stressful trying to meet new people

especially if they end up disappointing u.

celtics...

boo.

but taking the lesser of 2 evils, ima ride with them over the lakers.

-1-

Miss Foxxy said...

man i admit.. i'm bad at keeping in touch with people. it went from my freshman year of college, i kept in touch with damn near my whole crew from high school.. to now i really only keep in contact with 3 of my closest high school friends. i'm still in touch with a lot of my crew from college, but i have to believe that's mainly in part that i'm still residing in the bay area, which is where i went to college at and so are a lot of them.. so we still kick it. it's a lot harder to keep in touch w/ people when everybody is living in different places.

Melody.Darlene said...

after highschool we all separated and went to different colleges or just moved away... but we're all back in LA now and my true homies are still around. but still, everyone is just doin them. it's nice to run into old peeps every once in a while

Lina said...

Its funny you should mention that, cause by astrological standards, I am supposed to be the life of the party, but I have and will probably always keep a small circle. My circle changes though, and sometimes frequently, because the people I talked to in high school I dont now, and the people in college I talked to I dont either. I don't know, though, cause Im a bit fickle, but I truly believe that people are in life to teach you something you didn't know, even something regarding your own self. That doesn't mean they have to stay there forever.

FYI: Great posts.