August 26, 2008

RomperRoom Rants.... (DNC edition)

-Did yall check out that Living the dream Tee that Terrance had on on the 106nPark 2000th show(last week)? It had a (photo)shopped pic of MLK an Barrack both sitting at desks in deep thought. It was a powerful image.. I've been looking for it on the internet for it.. But i found a whole bunch of cool as Obama shirts out that are pretty fly.. I think im gonna step out and rep my dude couple times a week till election day.. IDK..

- I loved how Michelle Obama captured America the opening Day of the Democratic National convention. She spoke about the values that link us all together as Americans. Mainly our struggles for the "Dream" and love for our children and family. I was going to post the day of but i had to let it sit a little because i had a sour taste about it.. See it was a great speech for some.. It was a great speech for its purpose, thats why i call it a success- but I think, well i know she is such a better speaker than that of woman of the presume next president of our country- a black woman at that... The stage hasnt been grander for someone falling in that category.. I mean have any of yall heard her speak ? I was proud nevertheless..



-Did yall see Bill Clinton pull down that black aide that was sitting with him last night(second night of the DNC) after they mentioned his name and he got a standing ovation.. that was strange..



-FYI for those who might wanna know, Bill Clinton speaks tonight at the convention at 10est okay( even on BET-we moving on up lol)?! Oh Thursday Barrack "The Rock" Obama, kay im done



-umm, moving along.. I was supposed to get my first tattoo last Sun.. I been trying to get it for the last couple of weeks. Its gonna be so throwed! I never was in a rush to get one. I dont know- all my peeps had em since mid teens and shit.. Is that weird? I never was against them, just believed that alot of thought has to go into one..

-Football season is storming upon us this year.. Hoorah, and thats about it.. I like football, a fairly good amount.. but it just doesnt excite me the way basketball does.. Maybe its because im basketball playing knucklehead from the streets of Harlem. Jets and Giants- these gm's put on for my city family.. Im so proud right now lol.. Best part of footbal season is tailgating..and free booze and bbq, good fuckin times- Oh there retiring Vince Young's jersey out here Univ. of Tex at the first game, im gonna try to go.

-Speaking of football, shouts to the shorty, Harlemite Eb the Celeb.. Sorry i missed out, good lookin though boo if you catch this- you already know what it is... To me this her season. Her and 12kyle love the Cowboys (im gonna catch hell for this lol). She has 3 pages that i frequent but I like her sports page the most( when shit in sports is poppin).. You dont get too much of the female perspective from sports and she holds it down.. Yall both cant see me in no Madden. nuff said lol.

- I mean i cant help but over look all this football talk with the thoughts of what Melo,D-Wade and Lebron gonna do this year. damn.. moving along

- Am I the only person out in the streets who loves kick and didnt get a pair (ONE) of Jordan Fusions? straight bullshit. Im upset.

-Oh ! and how bout tickets for the Dwele concert this weekend, and they canceled the shit, are you serious?! Are you fuckin serious. Austin is the "Live Music Capitol of the World"- of punk, powdered up blues and white folk music in general.. Not that i got anything against that but they should just add al that in the title so a mawfucka would know. okay? okay.

-Has anyone tried that New Amsterdam Gin I was talking about? If you havent try it with lime.. If you like to juice up ya drink or even drink up ya juice, try a splash of some dole pineapple orange banana juice and some coke(-a-cola)..lol Good times, whew..

-Hope yall bloggin who in them hurricaine states is staying safe and shit you know.. I know i aint gotta tell most of my black folk but just so you know- Keepin it real goes wrong sometimes- this i know from prime time cable programming okay.. Pick up some shit, and run if hurricaine Alejandro or whoeverthefuck is coming and they say it aint safe yall.. We dying from all the obvious shit these days - lets just control the shit we can..

I feel hope in the air for our country. I think this election is really making the majority of people cross the country actually think. the hell if their view is the same as yours- there actually thinking.. And thinking minds correlate wonders..

-why are we seeing so many people (black people) publicly putting there kids on drugs.. Watdafuk is that about. this shit is rediculous (smh)

-Did i happen to say that BET has had coverage of the Democratic Convention coverage. man i was ready to do my "Ta'hell wit BET" post this week but i think i'll fall back .. this week. Sheet my cousin Jeff holdin it down. roots and berries all in them locks.. listen playa, i aint mad at ya.

- Ive had Barracks book - "The Audacity of Hope" for about a month now.. I havent read more than 20 pages.. I always get lost in somthin else.. but i bought Mary Mary by james patterson (you know, Kiss the Girls,Along CameA Spider)last week and im half way through with it..

-Miss you ma.. I'm homesick well nah i think its evolved in to the (homesick)desease.. its manifesting into my body. Im gonna slap a nig..listen.. Pray for me.

-I'm blowing my damn lunch to chop it up wit yall. You know what i gots ta go..

Aye, anybody wanna do happy hour then roll down to skating rink- everybody bring some funky RnB cd's we can make a night out of it till somebody break somethin.. I still think i got some moves.. let me know, yall be easy -Q.

23 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

I haven't read the post but i must claim my sopt! #1 big baby!!!! lol

going back to read up!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

First let me say I LOVE the new look!

I think you are on point with your political obeservations and whatever you can do on your blog to support Obama will be mst appreciated!

I am a football fan! Not so much basketball at the pro level...I like college basketball!

I am not a fan of gin. I am a tequila and vodka girl. Straight no chaser...ok a beer chaser...LOL!

Get your tattoo! Take a picture and let us see us.

Ahhh homesickness...well perhaps a trip home my do you some good. Or if that is not possible then take yourself on local getaway.

Ok. Enough from me. Take care and walk easy yourself!

-Q. said...

Sexxy - For some reason i be thinking you have a heads up about my post, man i dunno lol..

Sexxy Luv said...

Q-yea them psychic abilities ain't no joke! lol

but....

i have the show on my DVR i'll check it out this weekend, don't trip about the shirt i'll make you one! lol

how could anyone not love that woman, they have a game plan and i love it! she makes me smile and gives me hope! :)

i don't like the Clintons anymore!

i like football, but i don't do basketball unless i'm doing what most girls do when we watch the game. lol

you trippin' on the J's...not one pair, you check my boys shoe game it's CRAZY!!!

no concert for you boo-boo! lol

can't even get with you on the liquor, my chest started burning just thinking about it!

i think you should go home for your b-day that would be sweet! :)

please don't make me pull out my skates with my name air brushed on the side with the matching balls, you can't see me boo i be cruzin' on the skates!

can i get a dance when they play my song....i'll skate backwards cause i know you can't! HA!!!

-Q. said...

Lovebabz- Im trying to keep up as well as dumb it down. Throw in some Longhorn Burnt orange in this piece- being that im down here in TX you know..

You kow i got my opinion- and i got my dam head on str8 so i'll tell it like it is.. 'The Rock' is such a trend setter. I think he and his family will really re-define black culture and values just by there presence not necessarily what they do in office you know.. Im too excited! Yea my TRoots folk know i gets deep wit it lol..

Seven degrees of seperation. Sometimes i gotta block folk out to stop from overwhelming my being. I was the lover of the litter..

Im an NFC esat guy so you know it is what it is.. The home town still are the champs till the season closes so im not trippin..

I'let you know when I head back.. you gotta come to the city for lunch or somethin...

-Q. said...

Sexxy -
this is the abridged version.
one- run my shirt with the quickness.
-two dont talk to me bout no damn J's lol
- All i got to do is oil up my barrings, you aint said a damn thang. (and a slip aint a damn fall okay!) Ooh you gonna where the long tube socks with the stripes?

I'm gonna leave that alone lol...

(The Unabridged version got ate up by the devildog i call blogger- sorry)

ShellyShell said...

First time commenting on your page.
Michelle's speech was delivered so eloquently. I loved it!

The dude sitting next to Bill was Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs's son, Marvin.

Go ahead and get your tattoo..I have two of them and want another.

I LOVE football and can't wait for next Sunday. GO NINERS!!!!Isn't 12Kyle a Falcons fan?

I really can't wait till College Basketball...GO TARHEELS!!

Even though BET is broadcasting the Convention they are still WACK!!!

I've read every Patterson book. I just finished Sail. I can't wait for the next one to come out!!

BTW what's up with the word verification?

Sexxy Luv said...

i can make it happen with the socks...i recently grabbed a pair at target! :)

what you think about me putting my hair in 2 pony tails?....that shit is going to be HOT!!!

12kyle said...

i've been watching the dnc with mrs12 every night. its been great. truly has been must see tv. can't wait till barack hits the stadium stage tomorrow night.

i'm a huge football fan. i feel like a junkie right now. the season gets kicked off the right way...downtown...atl...at georgia tech (they'll be playing jacksonville state) and then clemson vs alabama at the ga dome on saturday night. i can't wait.

hold up...i hate the cowboys!!!! i'm a falcons fan. (don't laugh)

"that's my quarterback"

i say that to eb at least twice a week. lmao

i.can't.complain. said...

i fucks w/the rock

did u see jojo pass the fuck out on stage the other day

we may need to pretend 2 be another band

jodeci clearly has problems

get the tat

that's sexy

-1-

-Q. said...

Shelly shell- An endless welcome ma,
I thought she was perfect. I just didnt like that she polished it up just so everybody felt softend by her approach.

..But why bill yanked his as down- that shit was a (subtle) vice grip!

Niners? aww booo.lol I can understand UNC. I like the CIAA teams in that region.. I tried to play for Winston Salem Sate

I thik im allergic to BET. What happened to big booty free- all them years to get the acne off her damn face and then they give her the boot!WTF

I've read alot bout 10 or 12.. Im finishing up the Cross series, read 3rd Degree and BeachHouse.. Im reading Mary Mary and i bought Cross for me and mom dukes to read together- Its crazy how dude is white and can capture a black man so vividly! I gotta catch up to ya

Im X'ing the word verication okay- you will be the last person to ask me about that lol.. come on back luv..

-Q. said...

Sexxy -i didnt want to say anything but.. (you said it for me)

All gotta do is stitch up the ass crack in these polyester's - you know my uncle had game and naturally he was gonna pass em of to the next playa in line you know lol... I had to practice some of my moves girl- got me fucked up "i cant skate backwards".. who you think.... lol listen!

-Q. said...

Kyle- (for the record-silently- im not letting this Madden shit go lol)

Its a pleasure knowing you and any and everybody watched the DNC- the big homie is up on deck- I guess Arab after that lol.. Its gonna be so monumental fam. Its crazy- this really is the biggest thing in black history to date!! so throwed.. dont it feel good?

Im supposed to be going to the strip and tip for the clemson game wit the fellas this weekend..
I made a post about that shit on my other blog- I think the video got shitcanned but it was fresh after T.O. said it.. She'll never be able to live that down haha..

"Thats my quaterback".. classic

Dave Van Buren said...

Dude you not the only one who skipped on them fusions. Jordan needs to re-think they designs. Although I was kinda feeling them 6 rings joints.

-Q. said...

i.c.c.-
Ba-Rock La Familia- we clicked up, you already know!

umm yea.. i heard about it. Maybe we can just replace him with some young dude who dont fit in the group like all of our founding fathers' RnB groups. I mean whats a little drugs and passing out on stage at the bottom of your career?
I'll just smoke the weed. I aint messin wit that other stuff sheet!

So who should we recraft our craft after? remember 2 part harmony!

Yea im bringing sexxy back(to the romperroom) you know i'll let you kow when i get it..

-Q. said...

Super Dave- I thought they were fly but not fly enough.. So ya boy never rushed out to get any, then i hit the malls man and wasnt a shoe in sight- This Austin Tx- I didnt think the shelves would be empty.. But ironically i wasnt really dissapointed..

Yea Jordans arent the go to pair of kicks like they used to be.. They rackin up just because of the name/ the respect

Eb the Celeb said...

your in my hood so it aint nothing to get this madden thing on... yeah you punked out on the fantasy league because you knew what the deal was...lol

and thank you for being one of the 5 people that read my sports blogs... sometimes I just be having to get things out and cant talk to my homegirls about the ish who just dont get the appeal unless it involves a player that is fine...

lol... GO COWBOYS!!!

Sexxy Luv said...

did you feel that wind hit you?...yea that was me passin' you by, crusin' on my skates, with the matching fit! lol

Sexxy Luv said...

8 years is ENOUGH and 10% is NOT enough!

TravelDiva said...

Hey, thanks for the kind words on CITC.

That sounds like a good t-shirt. Let us know if and where you find it!

Sexxy Luv said...

WE WANT A NEW POST!!!!!

AND WE WANT IT NOW!!!!!

Foia said...

Hey Q..what it do?

I think i need to cop a couple of those obama tee's too..and represent..sorry about the concert. that sucks

Liz said...

i got my first tattoo at 28 soooo it's not that weird...