August 20, 2008

Thats the way that it goes..

But its alright..
Fucks wit me on this one yall..



For those of you that dont know those were the sounds of Ledisi, one of my favorite artist's right now. Its a powerful song- kind of got that 'Live it Up'(John Legend) feel to it.. I been going through some shit as of late and it put me in focus last night and got me started this morning. Its funny how music can do that. There really is a power in words and music. I KNOW yall cant see shorty blowing it down, but this was the best sounding perfomance I could get of the song.. the video to this is locked down from embedding everyplace I found it on the Tube..
You kno, our lives are contoured with obstacles and set backs.. We are blessed to have them- for without them we learn nothing.. Fortunately (alot of) those who choose not to learn from those opportunites, learn that they are fools- thats in my opinion. But He has made it to where no matter what, that if we are here, we will be alright. Folk might not like to see me cuss when i say this, but keep God in front of all ya bullshit in life, he'll make sure to clear the way. Be mad, be bitter, be reluctant, but be able to get up shake that shit off and have faith that if you live right that your path will lead you the right way.. I aint really got shit to say today; I just wanted to share something that lifted me up with my people... -Q.

"I just wanna run and hide,
but I dont have the time to cry..
It's alright, it's alright"

19 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

can't listen to the song, my job sucks ass!

i'll check it out when i get home..

faith is one of the most important things to have!

hold ya head up, things will be alright!

brighter days ahead! :)

-Q. said...

Id smooch you if i could girl lol, thank you. There's somethin better happenin everyday these days..

Just gotta simplify the math.

Sexxy Luv said...

i could use that kiss right about now...lol

"There's somethin better happenin everyday these days.."

^^^I couldn't agree more! :) *wink*

The Dreamy One said...

i so agree with you Q., i have been having it rough these past day

i am always hollering about Faith and God but tend to forget when I am going through some shyss

but you know what i had to connect with him, and he is making it alright!!!

Sexxy Luv said...

Great selection! i was checking out some of here other songs and i really like -In the morning-.

-Q. said...

Dreamy- We do forget whe it matters most dont we? Especially sometimes when (of all things) a blessing comes.. Its just discipline..

Sexxymae- That is my favorite song to date actually. Has been since i heard it couple months back. Customer, well Marathon (by Raheem Devaughn-the latter accompanied by Floetry) is my second(&3rd)..

she reminds me of those unique voices of Chaka and Patti- two of the coldest females ever behind a microphone

shine said...

I'm feeling you because I LOVE Ledisi. I saw her a couple of weeks ago when she came to philly--she dazzled the crowd. This song is my anthem--I've got it on loop. You've got good taste ;-)

12kyle said...

mannnnnn, you keep bringing the hit muzik! i gotta step my game up. lol

i like this song. definitely a good listen. the words mean so much

-Q. said...

Shine- waddap girl, glad you made it..I love new folk at the RomperRoom.. But you got to see her? im envious! I bought both her cd's when i heard "In the Morning" -that was it!

Thats a really uplifting song cuss kinda like what my man Kyle said, the words are very definitive, it touches home deep.. your welcome anytime -Q.

-Q. said...

Kyle you know my steez fam lol!

the albums a little fluffy on the A-side.. B-side real jazzy

lmao on A-side/B-side
..oh the good ole dayz lol

Foia said...

Hey Q..I wanted to stop through and show sum luvin! Hope all is well..

Mizrepresent said...

Q, i haven't listened to the song, but i read your words, and i know how we both, many are going through a thing or two. I posted about my ups and downs, my fights, and i know no matter what...i'm still standing in the end, and so are you.

-Q. said...

For what they're worth, things are on the upside luv.. Taking in all the good (with the little bit a bad that can fuck all all my good up lol) in life... Make your face a familiar one up in here lol.. Put u on the roll today girl..

-Q. said...

My Miz, listen to that song boo. It'll set 'somthin' straight.. Believe me. I'm ready for the book tour to through good ole Cow poke country now, quit playin!

Queen of My Castle said...

OMG!!!! Your playlist on the right is what's up! Seriously

-Q. said...

Glad you like Q, I had to enfuse some of "our" shit in here rep for the 3rd ya heard.. but you know lil grown lil sexy.. You coming to see Dwele wit me in Austin Sunday?!

Foia said...

Hey...thanks for showing love :) What's up..where's the post?

-Q. said...

I got you, its cookin up right now lol.. They got a brotha slavin at the workplace, so gimme a few boo

Sexxy Luv said...

thinking.....listening to the place list, i agree with Queen there are some good hits on there!

night..