August 7, 2008

So in my monthly dose of BET...

I happened to see this.. And this Happens to be my favorite shit (as of right now)..
Ride this wave wit me yall.
[oh and thanx bet for 5 min well 30mins of quality footage of access granted for this vid]


They Samplin' Mawfukin Jodeci!!, I couldnt believe it!! I heard this song a couple times prior to seeing the vid, but even then.. I felt so old that a group i was coming up with is now getting sampled.Jodeci is my all time favorite RnB group, so when I heard KC droppin the chorus to 'Cry For You' It was straight swang-n-bang in tha whip, you already know. I actually, when i heard the beat, hoped for a mixtape that would actually blend the original song and the beat to Bun's song together- that would be so live.. (anywayz) Its a good regional song, you know, feel good music.. make you feel proud to be where you from. My hood aint the same no more, but it made me think of all the NYC reppin time hits that came from up top.

I had seen Da Pimp(C) in '06 for my Birthday out here in Austin. RIP.. [a little background: I been in the south for while between military school (SC) and I stayed in the A(TL) for about a year when i was trying to set up shop out there. I moved back to SC (wit my bf)when things got rough for me out there in the A. Been in TX since '04 so you know this is 'home' right now. So i have (young)roots in the south, but i been here, for a while. Its a love/hate affair but it is what it is.] My city, as i came up always repped for their's and the south, as far as hip hop goes (against the world), is one and i love when they get the 1st team guys to stand up.. Alot of people dont know the TX hip hop story and boy you dont even have to ask around to have it drilled in your ear lol.. But Pimp was definately a forefather out here and he got a presence about him when he performed, when you were around him.. Its really captivating. I guess I can understand how some of the wine sippers these days can still talk about what they felt at a Prince concert lol..

I know im babbling but all them thoughts along with going back with Jodeci. I had to put this on here cuzz its me and I fux wit all them boyz. Man I gotta put on for my city shit!

Who yall bumpin from tha south?

15 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

Hey Q-

what it do boo?....

Is blogger trippin' today or what?....maybe it's just my blog IDK......

-Q. said...

Made my day..
waddap sexxybebe..

Whats wrong? what you cant see? I can see you lookin at me over there (lol). You came to ride the wave wit me? Groovy right lol..
Hey im on my way to lunch 'll be back..

Refresh my page, let me know if its still acting up, i may have to repost.

Sexxy Luv said...

Can you bring me back, something that's strong,dark and hard?......

A Can of Coke that is! lol

Nothing is wrong what your page, i can see you and everything that's in it, it's my page thanks acting a donkey!

do me favor can you leave me a comment on my page so i can see if it post?

going back to read what ran across your mind in between those thoughts of me! lol :)

Sexxy Luv said...

? time.....

does (bf) stand for bestfriend or boyfriend?......Hey!....I'm just askin'

so do you like your muzik chopped and screwed?.....

I f*cks with TI, Jeezy, Big Boi and UGK too!

-Q. said...

Didnt get the message b4 i went. I do however got one of them big Snickers. thats if you like milk chocolate and all. I'll post on yours in a sec..

Umm.. Not all, but since i been here i like a good bit of songs boths screwed and regular.. the thing is getting some one who can do it well (Since DJ Screw died)

If I had a boyfriend I wouldnt offer you my Snickers bebe. lol

And like i was saying last night in a conversation TI need to step his rap game up- last 2 albums sound the damn same

12kyle said...

RIP PIMP C!!!

i bump 'Kast, TI, UGK, Ball & MJG, Geto Boys, Scarface, Luda, Little Brother

and i got mad love for Uncle Luke Skyywalker!!

i'm feelin the vid

12kyle said...

you and sexxy got sumthin goin on????? hmmmmmmmmm

Sexxy Luv said...

**testing**

Sexxy Luv said...

I love milk chocolate! YUM....can you send me a picture of that snickers?...I don't like little surprises! lol

so i take it you don't like pedictable muzik huh?....

Sexxy Luv said...

Big Bro K12- I'll let my boo answer your question! :)

-Q. said...

Hate predictable muzik

-Q. said...

She bumpin tha gums but you see how she play that one kyle lmao!!!!

she just ask me (in stride) if I had a boyfreind..

That answers that.. lol

But i tell you this. I found out she had a blog crush. (plus i think i been askin alot of questions), then next thing i know im the blog boo :)

Its new territory... I give her credit though she go hard, and got me lovin Happy Freakin Fridays i'll tell you what..

(shh-c'mon over here sexxymae.. you got the fellas askin me questions and sh*t- next thang, they gonna say Q went soft.. c'mon now girl)

Yall too much

-Q. said...

Luke Syywalker- the originator.

Come to think of it I dont know if I dont like BET anymore because of all the dumb shit that be on there or because of the fact they took off Uncut.. lmao - i dont know, well that and Comic View fell off for a couple years and that hurt, but... smh

Sexxy Luv said...

Boo-

I been claimed you along time ago!lol I even put you on blast in my Q&A post, so don't say i answered Kyle sideways i was just leaving room for you to speak up! lol

and your right! I marks my territory, i let it be known all up in this comment section that you are MINES!!! lol

don't worry about what they say, we got this! :)

Sexxy Luv said...

I'm still checking my inbox for that picture too!