September 5, 2008

Today...

Today is one of those days...
Today is a day that i dont need..
Today I should feel better than i do..
Today, like a few other days in my month, is rough..
Today I have to be strong..
Today I feel cheated of what i deserve..
Today a nigga might catch it just because.. its today
Today that might not happend , but MF's say the wrong things
..and its happened before..
Today im the side of me that I loathe..
Today I wonder if this is the real me..
Today I think of all the wrongs ive done
.. and all rights ive done, that people have done wrong..
Today I want to be alone..
Today I know I really dont want to be alone..
Today I miss my mother more than usual,
my first love..
Today I talk myself down..
Today I want something out of my reach..
Today I reflect on the gift and the curse.. my personality..
Today I just want to walk away from everything..
Today I feel lonely but im not alone..
Today I give yall alittle of what a Today is for me..
Today I pray for anyone's Todays that reads this..
Today is so much more than what I portray.
Today I will say thank you for being you..
Today however is not tomorrow.


Waddap Kia, Butz, KP, lil curt, Rolando, Tash,LilV,A-dree,lil pimpin- love you babygirl, JR, GrannyT, Netha, Ms Mac Dow-wat up ma!! My nigga J, Bub, Big Chris, jaymee, Shelly- get ya fuckin mind right, Trina,My bitch Esco- miss da fuck outta you!!, Hendo, Jet, Fat Shack aka Shaquille lol and the two babymamas 4 blocks apart ha!!!- you my brotha fam!..Oompa, Jet, Tone Loc, JJ still tippin.. Tasty, Nutty Buddy, Fred, Meaty,Sgt Maj, Jason and all of Alpha.. yall niggas and us kept that shit hood fa real!Kristen ( I woulda married your as at 13!!) Allen- yall this bitch can sing (literally) to the high heavens.. Sharon and Andre, the whole 97 cma click, 2Sev click, 43rd, T-Streetz da gunna- 2 more years my nigga and we gone ball! Pop Dukes-lookin like 57 homey! No money-No honeys-aka ARAB, southside ATX waddap(lil mexico lol).Hollis Queens, Pat Creno, Doo-ville niggas.. Cap Carter-where you at?!Canadian Lights, T-dot-O, Oz, Eric B, My nigga D, and my bitch Dee.. All the folk that i ever visited blogging.. I love this culture. Miz waddap Lovebabz waddap , FieldNegro.. you know.. All the folk who fucks wit me.. Niggaz keepin it 500 like SupaDave and 12kyle.. Eb,-1-.. all yall.. Be blessed .. And for thosed touched by ya name aint up there I aint forget yall- yall already know wat it is..

Man som Patron gonna get a nigga fucked in the game tonight if they say the wrong thing to me I swear lmao! ohhh shit.. yall be safe this weekend
Not Today -Q.

12 comments:

Sexxy Luv said...

look @ you trying to sneak a post in on me!

I'm still #1 big baby!!!!

Sexxy Luv said...

You're not feeling like your self today so ofcourse this is not the real you...it's apart of you but it doesn't define who you are as a person....we all have these days just don't let it get the best of you, hopefully shoutin' out the love 1's helped you reflect on good times and cherished memories.

Enjoy your weekend and be safe!

Mizrepresent said...

Q, keep your head up...i was feeling you on this...my day hasn't been much better, but you know what made it better, reading your shoutouts to the family and friends, your giving back, your remembering and embracing that love, again, and then your reaching out and giving love to this newfound blogFAM, and man that was so sweet! Go'on and have that Patron, but don't jump nobody, it's not worth it.

The Dreamy One said...

wow, i so felt this poem!!

say how you feel honey, get it out!!!

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Your Today was my yesterday!

I was under it in a way that scared me. Yesterday was a tough day...truth be told it has been tough for a while.

But Babe, you and I are warriors, we survive, we thrive and go on to fight another day.

Yes we get lonely, we get down, but we get up. We keep it moving...what else would we do?

We want more than idle chat, we want more than easy partners between our sheets. We want a grander life and it seems just a bit out of reach. But I know and you know that it is not.

Walk easy baby and look for the blessings everywhere and in everything.

I feel you...we feel you and we are but a whisper away. A post away.

You got friends who are just a whisper away. Call if you need to.

Reach out to me if you need a kind and friendly mothering ear.

Anonymous said...

Hey today is one of those days that you would need...how else will you get to move on to better days?!?!

where you been boi?

12kyle said...

Mannn, I was reading this and I was like "he's going through a storm". Then...when I got to second part it sounded like you won a Source Award ("we did it Brooklyn"...remember that?) LOL. Preciate the shout, fam. Hang in there. I've felt like this as well. The highs are never too high and the lows are never too low.

-Q. said...

Sexxy- today ddefinately is not yesterday luv.. I actually was gonna say that about the shout outs on the post right after i finished.. it really did make me feel better. Thats like 5% of the crew lol...

Miz- (we, well) I go back wit you (bloggin) like 8 tracks so you know its special when i touch the likes of you.. and yea you already know im a sweetie like sweet tea girl.. I stayed home wit the fellas last night.. And i solidified my new comrade Bud Lime into the fold lol..

Babz- thats the worst part about Todays.. When you get to the point you scare yourself.. Not of what you can do but of what you CAN do you know.. It makes you think you somebody else.. Its not esasy being the good guy the mature one, even the one with the gifts.. And that in many ways i am.. its pressure i sometimes wonder how i deserve.. But as always i'll try my best to do right and make sure everyones okay before the end of the day.. My life as of the last 4 years ive learned to turn to myslef and im trying to break that bullshit.. Someone really special to me i think is really close to breaking that cancer of mine real soon.. Love sum babz, i tell you what! lol

Kin'shar- (with the- im the prettiest little girl pic up there lol) Thats what i tell myself.. Im no saint.. But I strive 185% to be one.. You couldnt have said that better.. I gotta put you on the roll boo..

Kyle- it is what it is man.. 500 my dude... You one of my role models.. I dont know how old you are dont know much other than you tell us at the planet.. But there are so few good black men to be inspired by and just knowing that there are niggas just stiving to do right- by the fam they lifestlye- most importnatnly they kids man.. you da fuckin man!!! Believe that homey.. And you know it ole school- Bed-Stuy Ride or Die my nigga. Throw some ice up ya heard me..

Why aint none of yall invite me to a BBQ yet- yall supposed to be my people! lol

i.can't.complain. said...

i heart u -Q

thankfully, today's like this don't last forever.

long live patron.

him and his cuz cuervo have gotten me thru a few todays.

-1-

12kyle said...

'Preciate the vibe, fam. I'm 35...I'll be 36 in December. I feel where you're coming from. I'm just tryna be the cat that my folks raised me to be. Gotta be an example for my sons, my family, and my people.

I felt the post b/c I felt the same way on Wednesday. I just didn't post b/c I was busy and I just didn't feel like venting (but I did later...lol). You kept it real and that's why we read and follow you. Hang in there fam and keep doing what u do.

Hope you got the Patron! LOL

-Q. said...

I heart you too boo.

these days are nothing but the devil.. I know it..

and they dont last cuzz you know everythin we go through, we're already equipped to bare.

I took a shot of cuervo in your name last night lol- for real..

I showed em have of the show too!

they told me i had to practice.. lol

You look too cute in them pics on your page.. lil -1- too.. I didnt go to churc but my homegirl dropped me off the cd from service lol..

Kyle- "I'm just tryna be the cat that my folks raised me to be."

Thats what you said man, and thats whay i said what i said previously.. I havent pin-pointed whats so unique about blogging communities but i got alot of reading and deciphering to get that answer.. Time for coffee..

Dave Van Buren said...

Sup Fam, I think we all have days like this. Stay up.