May 31, 2009

This moment in -Q. : Spirituality

Spirituality.

See thats a motherfucka in itself. And a dear friend. With those characteristics draws long relationships and ups and downs.Its not religion im talking. Spirituality.Dealing with my spirit personally and with my Higher power. I dont want to talk about church (which i regularly go); I want to talk about heavenly-mindedness as it relates to me. I think i can do without church.. But as I learn more about the Word, it says that the church was made for us to worship. That some blessings are missed by not gathering(where God is when there is at least two or three in his name- Mathew 18:20) together.However my personal walk, my lone walk with my Father, my one on one- its a long one and a trivial one at that. Being 27, bout to be 28 its a fairly young relationship. Weak, in my eyes, to my standard of what a relationship is. As many in a young relationship I deal with one sidedness alot. I seek help, love, shelter, advice, resolve, absolution.. sometimes all at once, sometimes not. But im always seeking something. I dont always give back, give in. I dont address the relationship nor allow my spirit to be filled with warmth, study or, wisdom as I fight through my daily walk on my own until... Until I cant fight on my own anymore, until I did things my way to the point I cant do, till the point im alone or shut out, until its me and my creator. My Father.

A true Father is a dear freind and dear freinds if they know you truly have a bond stick by you even when you show your ass. Alot. To their face.. Because they know you- sometimes better than you do yourself(in this case, its a little extreme lol). A true father gets to you and reaches you in ways that you will definitely understand so you get it before your trials come before you. A true father shows you love. Yea, guess thats what im saying. But just with any relationship with a child, you go through the nurturing stage where its just supervisement and care.. Then later in age there comes a time where that trust through all that nurturing as a very young child, takes your relationship to another level as you begin to understand the the things you were taught, and more so, what you were shown and walked through. Its that- the adolescence of life where you then become adult in your ways or walk your walk- that of a child. A spiritual child. Many of us in our spirituality walk my walk. And learn lessons harder than than if they walk their righteous path. Like anything else that has to grow you have to feed your spirit. The good and the bad, but to keep it healthy you need prayer and meditation, positivity in a cleansing sense not necessarily religion: song, literature, enriching others especially children and needy.Those things really change you inside. Ask someone who might engage any of those activities.. I dont do those things enough(to my standard) as I should.Some would say I do alot. But only you know your spirit.

I sometimes( glad not to be in that season now) ignore my spirituality and it takes a back seat to everything; to anything.Its funny how people think their at their best when there at their worse or better yet empty- Its like a second wind. You have to go hard or if you stop, your done.lol. Mothafucka. What I have in my spirit and the relationship with its Provider is irreplaceable and I value it more and more as I get older. The picture isn't getting bigger, im just realizing how big it is. Im really starting to see my self, my spirit. And dont get it twisted, we're like the red skittle in a big 5lb bag you know. we're only human. We make our mistakes. And whatever you believe in, we didnt get here on our own. Some entity had us in mind for this very moment. I cant think of what to put on some mornings, let alone how this very thing we blog on, the internet, could ever been created- better yet what id do without it! So check ya self, we weren't meant to be perfect.. check this we wouldnt bleed or get hurt.So mistakes, fall backs, all that shit happens. Just enrich yourself. And remind yourself, just like you pay bills and catch that booty call. The drugs crimes, ways, and vices people succumb to on a daily basis. When we enrich our spirits it starts to be harder to accept that garbage because we're feeding ourselves good shit ya dig. Im really not being religious- dont believe me pick up a Russell Simmons book or a yoga book, same shit.I always used to wonder how just some people with so much in life- no matter what it is, money& things,(or more close to home) family and love, be so miserable. Its what you feed yourself. A gossiper is full of shit, like literally you know. cause all she/he know is other people BS so thats all that flow through them- you can see em coming a mile away.True gossipers live off it, yall be seeing them thirsting for shit, cuzz they cant function or be content or happy without it. Enrich your spirit brotha. Enrich your spirit luv. This enriched me -Q.

2 comments:

::kacy:: said...

i LOVE your blog :)

-Q. said...

As I do yours luv. Keep coming back I appreciate the company...